Key Family Network
Francis Scott Key, his uncle, Philip Barton Key, and his son, Philip Barton Key II, represented both enslaved persons and their owners in freedom petitions before courts in Maryland and D.C.
- Philip Key - b. March 21, 1695-96 in Covent Garden, London, England; d. August 20, 1764 in Chapitico, MD
+ Susanna Barton Gardiner
- Richard Ward Key
- Dr. John Key + Celia Brown - studied medicine in Scotland with Celia's father, Gustavus Brown - see Brown Family tree
- Thomas Key
- Susanna Gardiner Key
- Philip Barton Key
- Francis Key - b. 1728 in Hillilee, Chaptico, MD; d. November 1770
+ Ann Arnold Ross
- Philip Barton Key - b. April 12, 1757 in Cecil County, MD; d. July 18, 1815 in Georgetown, Washington, D.C.
+ Ann Plater
- John Ross Key - b. September 19, 1754 in Annapolis, MD; d. October 13, 1821
+ Ann Phoebe Penn Dagworthy Charlton
Horace Edwin Hayden, Virginia Genealogies (Wilkes-Barre, PA: E.B. Yordy, 1885), 167-169.
Mike Marshall, "Early Colonial Settlers of Southern Maryland and Virginia's Northern Neck Counties." See Francis Key. [back]